Notice to Canadian Users: Please note that by using the Application and/or voluntarily providing your personal information to us, as applicable, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Notice. If you do not consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Notice, please do not access or continue to use the Bosch Thermal Connect application or otherwise provide any personal information to us.
II. Collection of Personal Information
Bosch Thermal Connect has collected the following personal information from users of Bosch Thermal Connect within the last twelve (12) months
We collect this information from our users, customers, and business partners. We also generate identifiers internally.
Real name, email address, Company name, Bosch ID, or other similar identifiers.
How we use it:
To enable use of our sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how our Users interact with our sites, and administration and improvement of the service
How we share it:
We share this data with our affiliates, service providers and with business partners, including those whom you instruct us to send this information
- Other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual:
We collect this information from our users, customers, and business partners when they email customer service, through our application.
Name, email address, telephone number, passcodes, company name, project name, file name, file path, timestamp, and any other information you choose to provide us, including photographs of you or your property and/or information regarding your customers. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
How we use it:
To enable use of our sites, services, and products, to communicate with you, to understand how our users interact with our sites, and to improve our offerings
How we share it:
We share this data with our service providers and with business partners, including those to whom you instruct us to send this information
This information is automatically collected when you choose to use location-based services.
Country of Network Access
How we use it:
To provide location-based Services
How we share it:
We share this data with our service providers and with business partners for the purposes of providing the location-based services that you have opted to use.
- File and Device Information:
Collected automatically via cookies and other tracking technologies.
Details of files uploaded (name, file path size, timestamp), device data (e.g., unique device identifier, MAC address, IP address, serial number, hardware model, network information, and operating system and version).
How we use it:
To track and evaluate use of our sites, services, and products, and to improve such sites, services and products.
How we share it:
We don’t share such information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information:
We generate these internally
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, or, attitudes, based on your online activities and use of the Services such as your and browsing history, links clicked, interactions with advertisements, and use of Bosch Thermal Connect (e.g., length of use and functions used).
How we use it:
To understand how our users interact with our application, to develop and offer more relevant and useful services and products, and to improve the products and services we offer
How we share it:
We don’t share such information
Bosch will continue to collect the personal information described above. If any additional personal information is collected by Bosch, we will provide any required notice(s), and where applicable obtain any required consent(s), in accordance with applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
III. Sources of Personal Information.
Bosch collects personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when given by you or collected from you through your access to and/or use of Bosch Thermal Connect and/or the Services, in context of when you contact customer support or otherwise interact or communicate with Bosch, its agents, representatives, suppliers, vendors or consultants through Bosch Thermal Connect. This information may include, without limitation, your first and last name, email address, company name, project name, file name, file path, timestamp, photographs of you and your property, information regarding your customers (including their names, company names, email addresses, addresses and telephone numbers), and any other information you choose to provide us.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your use of Bosch Thermal Connect and/or the Services, or services related thereto. The following data may be collected automatically: device data (e.g., unique device identifier, MAC address, IP address, serial number, hardware model, network information and operating system and version), and other relevant details and/or information.
Please note that, if you provide to Bosch any personal information regarding any individual other than yourself (including, without limitation, any information regarding your customers as well as photographs of any individual or his/her property), you are solely responsible for providing any notice(s) and obtaining any consent(s) required pursuant to applicable law, in order to allow Bosch to collect, use and disclose such personal information for the purposes described herein. You agree that you shall keep appropriate records of such notice(s) and consents, and shall promptly produce evidence of such notice(s) and consent(s) upon Bosch’s request.
IV. Use of Personal Information and purpose specification.
Bosch may use, store, compile, and otherwise process your personal information for the purpose of:
- Fulfilling or meeting the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our Services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a Service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- Technical administration of Bosch and Bosch affiliate websites, mobile applications and/or services.
- Maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Customer, vendor, licensor and/or supplier administration, review and/or reports.
- Administering, maintaining, personalizing and improving Bosch and Bosch affiliates’ mobile applications, products and services, including, without limitation, to provide optional additional services and to develop new features, products and/or services.
- Providing customer service.
- Responding to submitted inquiries and customer service requests and other questions and/or comments.
- For the U.S., this data may be used for marketing and analytic purposes.
- Compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Evaluating or conducting a merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of any Bosch business, asset or opportunity by, with or into another business, entity or company.
- As otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws, including as permitted without notice or consent pursuant to applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Bosch will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice (or obtaining your consent, where required by applicable laws in the relevant jurisdiction).
V. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information.
Bosch may transfer, share and disclose your personal information with third parties for the purposes stated above. Your personal information is shared with the following third parties:
- Bosch third party service providers, vendors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, marketing, partners and other partners and entities performing work on Bosch’s behalf, Bosch Thermal Connect service usage statistics in an anonymized form with hosting vendors and data analytics companies for the purpose analyzing and improving the service.
- As otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws, including (without limitation) with relevant authorities in accordance with, and as Bosch deems required, necessary and/or appropriate by, or in connection with, applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process; By accessing and/or using Bosch Thermal Connect or the Services, you consent to the above uses and sharing of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Bosch affiliates may also use your personal information to administer, maintain, personalize and improve their own websites, products and services, unless you inform us that you do not want your information used for such purposes.
VI. Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information – Past 12 Months
- Disclosure of Personal Information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose except to its affiliates and service providers.
- Sales of Personal Information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Bosch has not sold personal information for a business purpose.
VII. International Data Transfer.
VII. Children’s Privacy.
Bosch does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from online visitors under the age of 16. Bosch does not knowingly allow persons under the age of 16 to use Bosch Thermal Connect or participate in any promotions or contests made available on Bosch Thermal Connect from time to time.
IX. California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits those Bosch customers who are residents of California to annually request a list of their personal information (if any) that Bosch disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. At this time, Bosch currently does not share any personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
X. Use of links to affiliated sites
XI. Use of external links
Bosch takes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your data collected by Bosch through Bosch Thermal Connect is protected against tampering, loss, destruction, access by unauthorized persons or unauthorized disclosure. Bosch security measures are being regularly reviewed and updated as necessary in accordance with the state of technological developments, however, absolute protection is not possible.
XIV. International Users.
XV. Rights of California “consumers” relating to Personal Information collected by Bosch.
Individuals which fall within the definition of a “consumer” under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act have the following rights relating to their personal information collected by Bosch.
- Right to access specific information and data portability rights
You have the right to request that Bosch discloses certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below, How to Exercise Your Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- For “sales”, the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- for disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights.
You have the right to request that Bosch delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
XVI. Your Rights – Canadians
Individuals located in Canada have certain rights pursuant to Canadian Privacy Laws. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, and depending upon the jurisdiction where you reside, such rights may include:
- The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
- The right to be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and to be provided with an account of the use that has been made or is being made of this information as well as the third parties to which it has been disclosed (including a list of organizations to which your information may have been disclosed).
- The right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information, and have it amended, updated or rectified as appropriate.
- The right to acquire information about Bosch’s policies and practices with respect to personal information, including: a description of the type of personal information held by Bosch and a general account of its use; a copy of any brochures or other information that explain our policies, standards, or codes; and information about what personal information is shared with or accessible to our affiliates.
- The right to challenge Bosch’s compliance with the applicable Canadian Privacy Laws.
XVII. How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to us by:
Calling us at
Emailing us at
Only you (or in case of a California resident, an authorized agent authorized by you to act on your behalf – see Section XXI, Authorized Agent below for more information) may make a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Your verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request or access request does not require you to create an account with us, but if you already have an account with us, you may be required to make your request through that account. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
XVIII. Response timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, within forty-five (45) days of its receipt, or sooner where required by applicable law (including Canadian privacy laws). If we require more time (up 90 days in total), where permitted by applicable law, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Any disclosures we provide in response to a verifiable consumer request will only cover the 12- month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
For data portability requests, where applicable, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request or access request, as applicable, unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
XIX. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). Furthermore, where required by applicable law in the relevant jurisdiction, we will obtain your consent prior to selling your personal information. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by: Emailing us at
. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
XX. Authorized Agent.
As a California resident you may also exercise your request to know or request to delete through an authorized agent. When you submit your request through an authorized agent we require that you:
- Provide us a copy of your written permission for the authorized agent to submit the applicable request; and
- Verify your own identity directly with us.
The foregoing does not apply when you have provided your authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465; provided, that we may require a copy of such power of attorney before fulfilling any request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (a) deny you goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (c) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (d) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
XXII. Filing a Complaint
Regulatory authorities that oversee the privacy laws and regulations, including the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, generally advise individuals to file an objection or challenge with the relevant company before lodging a formal complaint with a regulatory authority. If you are dissatisfied with Bosch’s response to an objection or challenge filed under Article XX above, or you if wish to file a complaint with a regulatory authority first, you may do so as follows:
Under PIPEDA: You may file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Depending upon the province where you live, you may also (or instead) have the right to file a complaint with the applicable provincial privacy commissioner/regulator.
Under PII Laws: You may file a complaint with the relevant state’s Attorney General’s office.
Under the CCPA: You may file a complaint with the California Attorney General’s Office. For additional information regarding consumer complaints against a business/company under the CCPA and to initiate the complaint process, please click on the link.
Last modified: [ 25 March, 2021]
You may also contact as follows:
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2021, all rights reserved.